The Faculty of Business, Technology and Education was set up at ISU in 2019 with a view to developing university programmes through the synergy of the three fields of study, namely business, technology and education. The focus on the applicability inherent with these programmes will contribute to the public good and help create grounds for the management and study of the processes unfolding in the society.
The Faculty unites the three following schools:
The structure of the new Faculty reflects a link between technologies and business, the importance of which has been duly acknowledged internationally both in everyday life and in the educational realm. On the other hand, it also responds to the growing significance of relationship between technologies and education, the former serving as a valuable resource for education studies, a hallmark of ISU considering its origins.
With its set of programmes, human and technological resources, research potential, state-of-the art facilities and international partnership, the Faculty of Business, Technology and Education will be in a position to train:
- business administrators equipped with the skills and knowledge of respective technologies needed for responding to contemporary challenges in the fast changing world and staying competitive in the labour market;
- engineers and technology specialists with a record of hands-on training at local and international industries and an academic background in business and education studies giving them a competitive advantage both in local and international labour markets;
- successful educational professionals and researchers who will be able to generate and disseminate contemporary, innovative and evidence-based knowledge responding to international and national standards. The programmes will be designed so as to allow their synchronization with the technology and business programmes as well as other fields by applying interdisciplinary approaches.
Modern universities offer hands-on experience besides knowledge. Apart from that, universities are driving forces of innovation generating modern services and technologies. Students of each of the three schools will be able to apply theoretical knowledge to practice and implement new projects at the Faculty labs.
United under the umbrella of the Faculty of Business, Technology and Education, students will be able to implement high-tech projects jointly at the university labs, as well as begin startups and acquire versatile knowledge and skills to become successful freelancers.
The Faculty will offer bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programmes.
Infrastructure and laboratories
- Technological building of Ilia State University (ISU) and San Diego State University
- FABLAB ILIAUNI – Laboratory of Future Innovation
- Zoomout – Iliauni Pre-accelerator
- Technology Comemrcialization Office at ISU